“This course book takes you on an exciting journey through YOUCAT. You will find things that will be familiar to you. You will uncover new and unexpected aspects of the Catholic faith. You will encounter challenging topics that will raise new questions for you. These are to be welcomed as they will lead you to a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith. You will make friends in your study group. Most important of all, you will find Jesus Christ!” + Christoph Cardinal Scho?nborn, Archbishop of Vienna
When the bestselling youth catechism YOUCAT was published in 2011, Pope Benedict XVI encouraged people to study it in groups with “passion and perseverance”. YOUCAT Companion answers that call, in the form of a twenty-session study programme. Both structured and systematic, it gives its members the opportunity to share their faith and their search for God, helping them to discover courage and confidence in their own understanding of the Gospel.
WHY A YOUCAT COMPANION STUDY GROUP?
* It teaches the faith clearly, unambiguously and fully
* It leads to Christ and to life in Him
* It is an engaging presentation of a living faith for today
* It forms articulate and courageous ambassadors for Christ
WHO IS THIS YOUCAT COMPANION STUDY GROUP FOR?
* Young people seeking the truths of the Catholic faith
* Young people discerning life’s choices, especially life commitment to the Lord in holiness and service
* All those responsible for passing on the faith to young people – parents and grandparents, chaplains, catechists, teachers and youth leaders
* People seeking to live and witness to the faith at home, in the workplace and during recreation
* Adults preparing for sacraments and those enquiring about the Catholic faith
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
* Copy of YOUCAT for each Study Group Member
* Leader Manual for each Leader & Spiritual Director
* Participant Book for each Participant
* Notebook for use as a Faith Journal for each Study Group Member
* The CTS New Catholic Bible (Recommended)