The CTS New Catholic Bible will lead you through the same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with notes and introductions edited by Scripture expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB.
This paperback edition of the CTS New Catholic Bible is our most affordable Bible, made for everyday usage. Simply yet beautifully bound, the cover flaps increase the durability of the volume, as well as having a contents list of the books of the Bible printed on them for easy search and reference.
The CTS New Catholic Bible contains:
• Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy
• Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
• Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
• Footnotes following the latest scholarship
• Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
• A clearer layout – using modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
• Text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Pope Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
• Directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary
Text sizes in this edition: 8pt text (6pt for footnotes). The text size in the image preview above is not necessarily true to size.
Other editions of the The CTS New Catholic Bible: