Confused about which Bible to choose? Bewildered by all the different choices? Here is a Bible tailor-made for every Catholic. It will lead you through the exact same English texts that the Church uses at each Mass, with notes and introductions edited by Scripture expert Dom Henry Wansbrough OSB. CTS has created several carefully thought-out editions to suit every need and budget.
This paperback edition of the CTS New Catholic Bible is our most affordable full-size Bible, made for everyday usage. Simply yet beautifully bound, the cover flaps increase the durability of the volume, as well as having a contents list of the books of the Bible printed on them for easy search and reference. Text sizes in this edition: 8pt text (6pt for footnotes).
What’s different about The CTS New Catholic Bible?
• Jerusalem and Grail translations authorised by the Vatican for use in the Liturgy
• Specially commissioned introductions, one for each book, giving the biblical and historical context
• Specially commissioned liturgical introductions placing each book of the Bible in the Church’s liturgical year
• Footnotes following the latest scholarship
• Marginal references helping you get the most out of each passage
• A clearer layout – using modern fonts in easy-to-read single-column format
• Text alterations, replacing the word ‘Yahweh’ with ‘the LORD’ as requested by Pope Benedict XVI for all new Bibles
• Directories of references for readings used in the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours, including the fuller two-year cycle for the Breviary
NB: The text size in the image preview above is not necessarily true to size.