CTS Onefifties Heritage Series
100 Years of Fatima
Explaining the Faith
Marriage & Family
Moral & Social Teaching
Prayer & Spirituality
The WHY? Course
For those interested in becoming Catholic
For those who want to deepen their faith
For those who want to know about hot topics
For youth evangelisation
For the sick and suffering
For First Holy Communion
CTS Book Racks
DVDs & CDs
1. ScopeThese terms and conditions cover the ordinary business of the Catholic Truth Society, both online and offline. Every effort is made to keep these terms and conditions accurate and up-to-date, however CTS reserves the right to change these at any time and without notice.
2. PricingAll prices are displayed by default in pounds sterling (£ or GBP) and include VAT (sales tax) at the rates ruling on the day of sale. Standard VAT is 0% on books and 20% on all other items at time of writing. This tax will not be applied to non-European Union customers.
Customers have the option of displaying the equivalent prices in United States Dollars, Euros, or Australian Dollars. Please note that these prices represent an estimate according to the exchange rates currently prevailing, and are shown for comparison purposes only. Overseas customers will be charged in pounds sterling (GBP) and so the displayed prices may not reflect the exact amount you will be charged. Please also check with your card provider for any additional charges that may be levied for transactions in pounds sterling.
3. Discount AccountsCTS offers three types of discount accounts:
a. Parish Distributor discount account: 25% on items for re-sale. These include all our A6 booklets, as well as other items that fit into our racks.b. School discount account: 10%c. Trade discount account: 35%
These discounts are offered to assist and encourage third-party organisations to purchase, stock and distribute CTS publications. They are only available to customers genuinely associated with organisations of these natures.These accounts are available on request: please contact us if you wish to set one up. You will need permission from a person in a position of responsibility within the organisation and may be asked to provide proof of the organisation’s nature and address, and of your own status in relation to the organisation. These accounts are available entirely at the discretion of CTS, and similarly may be withdrawn at any time.
Purchases on credit may be made on these accounts, if agreed with CTS, and according to our payment terms. Credit references may be requested before an account is set up, and overseas customers are usually required to pay for their first order up-front by credit card or other payment method.
3a. Parish DistributorCTS offers discounts to parishes (and similar centres, including religious houses, etc) only on items for re-sale. These include all our A6 booklets, as well as other items that fit into our racks, to help them to stock and distribute our publications for the benefit of their parishioners and visitors. If you would like to distribute CTS publications in your parish, taking advantage of our 25% discount* off your order, then please contact us. Discounts are also available for bulk purchases. Please call us to bulk order on: +44 (0)207 640 0042 (9am-5pm UK time Mon-Fri). Your parish discount can be obtained through this website: please log in to take advantage of your discount when ordering. Standard discount is 25% discount*, rising to 50% discount* for booklets and leaflets ordered at the same time as a book rack (see section 4. below) [*exceptions for CDs, DVDs, Cards which always receive 10%; no discount on certain products, including book racks].
3b. SchoolsWe offer 10% discount to schools on all products with a small number of exceptions. To take advantage of this discount you must log in or call us with your order. School orders must be accompanied by an official purchase order on headed notepaper (via fax or email) with details of who will be paying for the order (this is to ensure authorisation has been obtained from the relevant school administrator, in order to facilitate payment).
3c. Trade CustomersCTS offers a standard 35% trade discount on our products for bookshop customers [exceptions for CDs, DVDs, Cards which always receive 20%; no discount on certain products, including book racks].
If you are a bookshop and wish to set up a trade account, please contact us with the bookshop name, address, and two trade references. CTS publications are also available through teleordering.
Trade discount is available through our website for existing customers: please contact the CTS customer service team for details.
CTS also supplies bookshops and distributors in other countries. Please contact us if you operate outside the UK and wish to stock our publications.
4. Book racksWe accept orders for CTS book racks from churches, bookshops, schools, chaplaincies and retreat centres. 50% discount is granted on all booklets and leaflets purchased in the same order as the book rack. No minimum (or maximum) purchase of CTS publications is required, however note that the 50% discount will only apply to orders for booklets and/or leaflets (not books or other resources) made together with the order for a book rack. For other separate orders, standard discounts will apply. No discount is available on the price of the book racks, which are charged to the customer at cost price. UK mainland P&P is included within the price of each book rack; orders for overseas, or for Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Scottish islands, will incur supplementary charges.5. Special OffersSpecial offers are made by us from time to time, and for specific periods and/or for specific means of ordering, in order to encourage sales and distribution of Catholic resources. These offers take various forms, but for online orders they usually require the customer to enter a specific Special Offer Code in our online checkout. Special offers are not transferable to orders already placed, cannot be applied after the cut-off date, and online-only offers cannot be transferred to offline purchases. CTS reserves the right to withdraw these offers at any time and without notice.
6. Delivery Charges CTS is a not-for-profit charity and in order to keep our product prices low we do charge customers for delivery. This charge covers and includes the considerable costs of picking, packing and despatching orders.
UK Delivery Charges:1 Item - £1.952 Items or more - £3.95Over £50 - Free Postage
Overseas Delivery Charges:For overseas orders, our charges are based on the cost of carriage by our standard couriers, unless you request collection by your own courier from our warehouse, or specify a UK-based freight forwarding agent.
If you order through this website, these charges will be automatically added to your order. If you order offline, the charges will similarly be added to your order, unless you specify collection by your own courier. In purchasing on credit, you accept to pay our standard carriage charges.
Any special delivery instructions must be communicated to CTS when you place your order. CTS will only take responsibility for ensuring these delivery instructions are visible on the outside of the package. CTS accepts no liability for any eventuality arising from the following of, or failure to follow, these instructions on the part of the courier.
Parcels delivered by courier (this includes any orders that are unlikely to be sent by normal post due to size or weight): please note that delivery drivers, for reasons of liability and insurance, are not obliged to follow any instructions for leaving parcels in particular places if you happen to be out when they attempt to deliver: this is because they require a person's signature for the parcel. If you are likely to be out when they call, please give instructions to deliver to another person (e.g. a neighbour) who can sign for your parcel. If the driver fails to obtain a signature, he or she will normally leave the parcel at your nearest post office (this applies to UK deliveries).
7.a Payment for ordersOnline orders: For online orders, we accept payment by credit or debit card. Online card payments are made securely and immediately through SagePay; we do not retain credit card details, in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards. Card details are stored securely with the payment services provider, via a system of tokenisation which guarantees that these card details can only be used for purchase from CTS and are not visible either to CTS employees or to any third parties.Offline orders: CTS accepts payment for offline orders by cheque, credit or debit card, postal order and BACS for UK customers; and by credit / debit card, international bank transfer, or sterling draft drawn on a UK bank, for overseas customers.
Items that are out of stock at time of ordering will be indicated to you by the website. You can still add these to your order if you wish, and payment will be taken from your card when the item is despatched. In the event of items charged with your order being unexpectedly unavailable, we will inform you and either arrange for these to be forwarded to you at the first opportunity or give a refund for this part of your order.
7.b Recurring Payments for Membership, donations, subscriptionsYou can now set up recurring payments for the following:• CTS Membership, or Benefactor Membership• A recurring donation to CTS• Subscriptions to Readers’ Club, or Vatican Documents ServiceTo set up a recurring payment, you will need to choose one of the following methods:• Recurring credit card paymentTo make a recurring credit card payment, you input the details of your credit card which are then stored securely with SagePay, the payment services provider. CTS has no access to these details; a tokens system is used for each transaction to protect you. You then decide the frequency of your payment, which will be charged to your card on the day you choose.8. Customs ChargesIf you are ordering goods for delivery outside of the EU, please note that your consignment may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the goods reach the country of destination. Any such charges levied in relation to customs clearance must be borne by you. It is accepted by you that CTS has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance, and that, if purchasing on credit, you will not deduct such charges from any amounts due to CTS. CTS recommends that you check with your local customs officials or post office for more information regarding importation taxes/duties that may be applicable to your online order.
9. ContractWhen you place an order to purchase a product from CTS, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order and containing the details of your order. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we dispatch that product to you. That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the product to you. Any products on the same order which we have not dispatched do not form part of that contract.
10. PrivacyClick here to read our page covering 'privacy and security' related matters.
11. Refunds and Returns(Trade and Parish Distributor customers: please see separate policy below, section 12)
CTS operates a 'no questions asked' returns policy providing you return any unwanted item within 7 working days of the delivery of your order. This policy is in accordance with the UK Distance Selling Regulations. A full refund or credit note will be given for the returned item(s) (including postage charged by us), providing they are received by us in their original condition; however, any postage costs incurred when returning your items will be at your own cost, and any damage which occurs during your possession of the items, or during the return transit, will be your responsibility and may invalidate your returns request.
This policy also covers sealed audio, video recording or computer software, provided that you do not unseal the packaging; we will only accept returns of such items provided the cases are returned with seals intact.
After the 'no questions asked' 7-day period we will be happy to accept items for return in any of the following cases:
The item was found to be damaged or faulty. We will either replace the item or give you a full refund or credit note (including original and return postage costs). Please state which option you prefer. We will wait to receive the faulty copy from you before despatching a replacement or arranging for a refund or credit note to be created.
The item was incorrectly supplied. If we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund or credit (including original and return postage costs) will be given.
The item does not meet with your requirements. We will refund or credit the ordered item only (all postage costs will be incurred by the customer) subject to the following conditions:
a) The item must be returned within 28 days of receipt in the UK, 48 days of receipt in Europe, and 4 months of receipt in any country outside the UK or Europe.
b) It must be in pristine and resalable condition, with packaging still sealed in the case of sealed audio, video recording or computer software.
c) It must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice sent with the goods.
In all cases, items should be returned in their original packaging, with additional packaging added as necessary to ensure that (further) damage does not occur in transit, to:
Catholic Truth Society42-46 Harleyford RoadLondonSE11 5AYUnited Kingdom
Items should be returned to us by the most economical and reliable method. They remain your property until we have received them, checked their condition and approved their return.
Please ensure that you enclose all paperwork relating to the transaction (i.e. invoice or receipt) so that we can arrange for the refund or credit to be made. In the absence of this paperwork, we cannot guarantee that a refund or credit will be made. We also ask you to enclose a brief note explaining the reason for the return, and if you require a refund, credit note, or replacement goods.
All returns are accepted at the discretion of CTS, and refunds will normally be given in the same tender type as the original payment.
Please allow 14 days (in addition to the delivery time) for the return to be processed; up to 28 days at busy times (Jan/Feb, May, Sept).
Please note that our Standard Returns policy does not apply to trade or Parish Distributor customers (see below for applicable returns policy). Returns from such customers, except in the case of damage or incorrect supply, are at the discretion of the CTS and require prior approval, for which please contact us. Approved returns must reach us in their original condition. Postage costs to send the items to us will be the responsibility of the customer.
12. Returns Policy For Trade and Parish Distributor CustomersOur standard Returns Policy does not apply to those customers who purchase items for business use or resale. Instead the following policy applies.• CTS accepts returns from trade or Parish Distributor customers only if approved by us (except in the case of damage or incorrect supply). This approval is at the discretion of the CTS and customers must contact us prior to returning the goods in order to obtain it.• Approved returns must reach us in their original, pristine and resalable condition, with packaging still sealed in the case of sealed audio, video recording or computer software. Postage costs to send the items to us will be the responsibility of the customer.• All items must be returned within 60 days of receipt.• Returned items must be accompanied by a copy of the invoice sent with the goods.
Postage costs to send the items to us will be the responsibility of the customer.
We will also be happy to accept items for return in the following cases, providing you inform us of your intention to return within 7 working days of receipt:
The item was found to be damaged or faulty. • We will replace the item or arrange for a refund or credit note. Any postage costs for returning the faulty item and sending out a replacement will be the responsibility of CTS.• We will wait to receive the faulty copy from you before despatching a new one or arranging for a refund or credit.
The item was incorrectly supplied. • If we have made a mistake in fulfilling your order, a full refund or credit (including postage costs) will be given for the incorrectly supplied item.• We will require you to send the item back to us at our cost.
In all cases, items should be returned in their original packaging to:
Items should be returned to us by the most economical and reliable method, with sufficient packaging to ensure no (further) damage is incurred. They remain your property until we have received them, checked their condition and approved their return.
All returns are accepted at the discretion of CTS, and refunds will usually be given as a credit to the customer’s account, or in the same tender type as the original payment.
Please allow 14 days (in addition to the delivery time) for the return to be processed.
13. Non-DeliveryIf you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which they were despatched to you, CTS shall have no liability to you unless you notify CTS within 40 days of the date on which the goods were despatched to you.
If you notify a problem to CTS under this condition, CTS's only obligation will be, at its option, to make good any shortage or non-delivery; to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question usually by the original method of payment.
14. Use of SiteCTS reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel transactions in its discretion, if CTS believes that customer conduct is in violation or breach of any applicable law or CTS terms and conditions, or is harmful to the interests of CTS. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer. Contracts are established at time of despatch.
15. LinksWhere a link in this website leads to websites not under control of CTS they are provided solely for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement of any third party products or services. CTS accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage you sustain by visiting these websites.
16. CopyrightThe layout, content, design, graphic, photographic, text, multimedia, audio-visual material and other contents of this website are the property of CTS or have been licensed to CTS, and are protected by all applicable national and international trade mark, service mark, copyright and other intellectual property laws, rules, regulations, treaties, and conventions. Information, logos, titles, and Internet links accessed, obtained, downloaded or copied by or through CTS belong to the purveyors of such information and Internet links are subject to all applicable intellectual property laws, rules, regulations, and treaties. You understand and agree that copying or distributing information and other data, in whatever form and without the express written consent of its owner, may constitute infringement of one or more intellectual property laws, conventions, rules, regulations, or treaties.
You understand and agree that copying or distributing information and other data, in whatever form and without the express written consent of its owner, may constitute infringement of one or more intellectual property laws, conventions, rules, regulations, or treaties.
CTS grants permission for the use, on third-party websites, of product images featured on this website, for the sole purpose of providing links to pages on this website, and with a view to informing visitors to those third-party websites of the existence and nature of CTS products. CTS does not grant permission, unless explicitly given in writing, for any other use of images or other content from its website. Any images used in this way on third-party websites are permitted insofar as they are used without editing or alteration; permission is also withdrawn if they are used in a defamatory, derogatory or insulting way.
17. Accuracy of InformationCTS does not represent or warrant that the material presented on this website is completely accurate or up to date and CTS should have no liability in respect of such material or for any use of any such information by any person. Any information regarding availability is subject to our stock levels.
18. JurisdictionThis website is not directed to any person in any jurisdiction where the publication or availability of the website, or the promotions or offers, is prohibited and persons to whom such prohibitions apply must not use the website. These terms and conditions are guaranteed by and constructed in accordance with English law with the courts of England & Wales having exclusive jurisdiction.
100% Secure Site
Accepted Methods of payment:
Sign up now to get info on events, products & causes.